Ms Access Enter Parameter Value is the dialog box message to input the parameter value in the Access object, such as query, report, form, and sometimes tables.
It is actually not an error. The Enter Parameter Value is designed for inputting the information that will be needed every time the object runs, such as the start date. However, lots of people accidentally run into the Enter Parameter Value dialog box, which is unwanted.
The most common way to encounter the error is when you create or edit their query. To resolve the problem in Query, follow these steps:
1. Go to Design View of the query.
2. In the properties box, check the Criteria and Field rows. Sometimes, the problem is caused because the syntax for the Field (Expr1: [identifier syntax]) is in the Criteria rows or vice versa. Check the syntax too, is it truly valid or need to be changed?
Resolve in Form:
1. In the Design View, open Property Sheets (Design tab > Property Sheets or press F4). Go to All tab.
2. Check the syntax in the Record Source field.
Resolve in Report:
1. In the Design View, open Property Sheets (press F4). Go to All tab.
2. Select one of the object in report that may cause the problem, such as textbox. If there is green tag in the textbox, choose it first.
3. In Property Sheets, check the syntax in Control Source. Additionally, check the Group & Sort syntax from Design tab.
Resolve in Tables:
1. In the Design View, click the Lookup tab in Field Properties of selected field.
2. Examine the Row Source. If it using SQL statement, it may be incorrect so you need to check the code.
The tutorial above is for resolve the problem. But, how if you intentionally want to make it?
1. Go to the Design view of the query.
2. Select the field that you want to use as parameter. In criteria rows, input the message for the parameter. Use the bracket . Run the query.
3. You can add more parameters, even combine it with union function. A field can contain more than a parameter value.
4. For adding in other objects (form, report), you can link them with the query.
Related Access Database
- how yo create a parameter value in Database Access
Access Database Tags: #access enter parameter value pop up #access enter parameter value when opening table #access report parameter prompt #automatically enter parameter value access #enter parameter value access 2016 #enter parameter value access sql query #how do you create a parameter query in access 2013 #parameter value definition